Saturday 1 January 2011

Your Session

mission
My mission in each session is to capture life’s milestones. My goal is to capture the radiance from your pregnancy, or the sweet innocence from your newborn. I also love capturing your child's personality, their special laugh or that funny look they reserve only for certain moments – the things you want to bottle up and remember when they are grown. 

In short, capturing images of the love that is so abundant at these different times in life is why I do what I do. I am particularly fond of capturing your best look in outdoor settings. I will always work with you to ensure that you get what you are looking for in your session

the process
Thank you so much for choosing Rising Sun Memories for your custom portrait session! This page will walk you through everything you need to know to get ready and I'll give you a call a few days before to go over any last minute details.

In general here's what's going to happen:
  • We will have a pre-session consultation via phone/email
  • We'll have an AWESOME session ( around 1 to 3 hours)
  • I'll put a sneak peek on Rising Sun Memories within 24 hours
  • In 2 weeks, I'll post a private online gallery to share with family and friends
  • It will be up for 7 days. That's when you'll decide your products
  • We begin the design process for any custom products
  • Disk or products are mailed out 
choosing the location
We can hold the session pretty much anywhere...as long as it's safe for the little one's. Tell me about the feel you want your images to have and I can give you some ideas. I'm open to trying new places. And don't forget your home...it doesn't have to look like Pottery Barn Catalog to be a session-worthy. You'd be surprised at what we can do. Sessions with newborns are held at the Rising Sun Memories natural light studio as you will have access to newborn props and accessories.

what's it like?
I'll show up a little early to your session, if we are on location. We'll move around from place to place to get a variety of textures, scenery, and light. I move fast and change my mind often, but bear with me. It's not going to be stiff and formal. I'll direct you if needed, but most often, when you're just interacting naturally, that's when you look your best. If you have a specific idea in mind, please tell me during the pre-session consultation or before the session so I can be sure to come prepared.

hair, nails, make-up
Try to keep it simple, and please don't be offended if I ask your child to remove bows or ponytails. Don't forget to clean and trim everyone's nails and toenails. (ie. moms/dads on newborn sessions.)

illness and weather
Rescheduling is usually a last resort thanks to a full calendar. If someone is sick, however, let me know as soon as you can so we can reschedule. I will always reschedule newborn sessions if I am ill.

I do complete retouching on all your proofs, so please don't worry about minor boo boo's on the face.

I never trust weather reports, so unless you hear other wise from me, we're still on (some of the best light is on a cloudy day). However, if it's storming, we'll need to find another time or day.

wardrobe 101:
coordinating but not matchy
I know there's so much more to you than jeans and a white shirt!

STYLE: I suggest two sets of outfits (ie one dressy and one casual) coordinated for everyone. You can't have too many clothes! For maternity sessions, it's easiest to pick something that mom can wear and then work everything around that.

LAYERS: Even in summer, layers add interest and we can change a look quickly by adding/removing them (think hats, scarves, belts, jackets, vest, leggings, jewlery, ties, layering shirts).

TEXTURE/PATTERNS: Try to use a few solids and as many textures as possible. You CAN  mix patterns, colors, and textures.

COLOR: I LOVE color and lots of it. One thing to try is to pick a color and then weave it throughout the outfits to tie it together (ie. baby in a pink onesie, Dad ina pink tie, mom in pink heels).

INTEREST: Once you've got the outfits lined out, try to add at least one small part to reflect your personalities, like a hat, a fun shirt under a jacket, or cool shoes.  I love it when mom stands out in a dress/skirt or fashionable jeans with heels/boots.

WHITE done RIGHT: White (or black) would NOT be my first choice for your main outfits, but white does work well on a onesie/t-shirt for a baby or as a dress for a little girl or mom. White is also simple, classic choice for family newborn sessions.





 
© Rising Sun Memories
CoffeeShop Designs